So, I know I haven't posted in a while. I've been uber busy doing all sorts of stuff and getting ready to go home. Actually, yesterday I was finalizing a very long and detailed post about the past week but a few things got in the way.
Last night PH took me, Kim, Luka, and Rob out to dinner for my going away "party". We went to an Indian restaurant, and if you know me, then you know curry and I don't go well together. I ordered a dish without curry, but when I woke up at midnight with sever stomach cramps I assumed that there was some curry contamination.
The pain was intense. I spent about 3 hours screaming into my pillow and running to the bathroom. On the pain scale of 1-10 I think I was at 8 for a good 5 hours. At tea time the Germain doctor Karina stopped by my room to see how I was doing. She recommended that I take the malaria meds. even though we didn't know what was wrong with me.
At noon we went to the clinic and I got tested. It came back positive with a parasite count of 4, the highest count so far this semester at LJS, I WIN! They gave me a really big injection into my butt to fight the pain, and it worked great! I sung songs the whole way back to LJS.
Most of the day I had a fever around 102 and it finally went down. This afternoon I was able to drink a coke and I even went to dinner!
Hopefully by tomorrow my dirreaha will have completely left and I will be able to fly back home!
Wish me luck!
High: Almost everyone here at LJS has been super supportive! Teresea, Rikka, Upendo, and Padre came with me to the clinic and have done way more for me then I can describe in this blog. I have also enjoyed the company of many of the other students who have stopped by to wish me good health. Thanks especially to Paulette who came and chatted with me for quite a while and was able to take my mind off the pain.
Low: Malarai... it sucks.... it sucks real bad.
p.s. sorry if todays blog rambles on or doesn't make sense, but I'm a bit out of it...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment